Review of End of Marking Period Blog Posts

Drizzi G

I of course loved the blog post by my friend Gio, the best rapper you can get on SoundCloud. I like that he challenged himself by giving himself a smaller window of pre-production so he could test things in post-production. The work he's done so far is already rather impressive.
His Before:
His After:
Obviously it's not professional grade, which I don't think you can expect that out of a high schooler without the studio and music video team, but for doing his own work I think he's doing an incredible job. He's been doing this for four years now and he's made massive strides in his production work in his music as well as his videos. He's absolutely killing it and I'm excited to see the finished product.

Carey Zhu

I also wanted to do Carey since I work right next to him and I'm constantly impressed by his work. He has a very tantalizing way of working that's way better than anything I think I could ever manage. He gets so focused in his work and you can tell by how much detail he puts into every scene. The actually images are incredible and the animation has that LoFi vibe he's looking for in this project. He's absolutely incredible at what he does and I can't wait to see what his finished product is after the work is done.
This is my favorite photo that he showed (other than the actual Snapchat one) with how he incorporated using real elements in his animation, being inspired by Alan Becker
I also love this photo because I love watching the YouTuber Daidus as well as the comedy with G.W Bush and Steve in there

Tristan Parvin

Tristan is probably my favorite film director to watch (in terms of the school directors) so I also wanted to review his blog post. I was also an actor in his film so it's really cool seeing the film poster as well as some shots in the film. I'm really excited to watch the film when he finishes post-production.
Just with some of the shots I've seen I can tell he put a lot of effort into the film. The lighting looks incredible and the acting effort put forth by the people I worked with is incredible. 
I also think his effort to start creating his own music is really cool and admirable, this looked far more high quality than his previous film and with the effort put in, I'm sure it's gonna be amazing. Absolutely stoked to see where he goes with this.

Tobey McClure

I mostly chose the Tobster's blog just because I wanted to see how much progress he's made and I have to say I'm rather impressed. The screenshots he's taken look really good and it's clear he's putting in a lot of effort. It seems to be more than just the meme he was making it out to be in MP1, and while he's facing problems in his program (he points out Darth Vader as really difficult), everything still looks stunning so far given how he's a one man team.

Justin Creelman

I wanted to end this blog post with Justin Creelman, the person I reviewed for the peer review. I was actually pleasantly surprised cause I didn't expect much out of Justin, but he expertly exceeded my expectations. While the audio quality was a bit iffy at times, he had my attention for the later 2/3rds of the films when the quality went up, and the shot during his death scene was very artistic and well done. I will be looking forward to watching his next movie, The Swaggies, when he finishes it. It's currently out of pre-production and I'm excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Production Blog Post

Understanding Plato's Allegory of the Cave

End of Marking Period 2 Blog Post